2014-01-07

#13 PURU Backback made from Old Sweater

Don't ask me how and why I had the idea to turn a sweater into a backpack, I don't remember myself. Sometimes ideas come out of nowhere like a flash of lightning and then they materialize and stay.
The funny thing is that the sweater-backpack seems to work. I always try out my new creations for comfort and practicality, so I took the backpack to the supermarket and man, so many things fit in, kilos of potatoes and oranges, no problem. The material is pretty strong too, and I secured the sleeves/straps with so many seams that it's almost impossible to come undone.
One just has to get used to wearing an upside-down sweater with food inside on the back, that's all.

before
after
The wide straps/former sleeves make it comfortable to wear and it resembles a vest from the front.

It features an inside pocket for organizing your stuff. In this case it's a little purse that used to be worn by a friend of mine, hopefully in her teenage years.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment