2014-01-18

#14 JADJEMBA Djembe Drum Backpack Made from Raincoat


To make the JADEJEMBA I turned a fairly wide raincoat upside down and was surprised that its shape pretty much resembled the shape of a Djembe drum already. All I had to do were some adjustments.
I closed the hole where the face of the raincoat-wearer used to be. For that I used a piece of strong and waterproof truck tarpaulin. Then I narrowed down and extended the former sleeves and turned them into soft and thick shoulder straps. The drawstring of the former hemline is now used to close the JADJEMBA. The pockets of the raincoat can still be used and come in handy.

Here's the result, it's waterproof and padded to protect the Djembe drum in wind and rain. 






And here's the raincoat before, no longer with us that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment